General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) UAE, Abu Dhabi, Dubai
GDPR consultant in dubai abu dhabi UAE
Do you know the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will be coming into enforcement on 25th May 2018? It’s important that not only are you aware of this new regulation, but that you’re also prepared as it impacts organisations around the world.
The regulation is designed to strengthen an individual’s rights and increase business accountability for data privacy and holding personal information. Under the new policy, non-compliant organisations can face fines of up to €20 million or 4% of global annual turnover, whichever is higher.
- Why is GDPR important?
- In simple terms it is an update of personal data privacy laws for data held by companies. The idea is to provide individuals with full control over their sensitive personal data, and to ensure it is only used for what the user has selected it for.
- How does it affect my website?
- Certain changes may need to be made to your website to ensure compliance. For example, no longer can your website forms have pre-ticked boxes for subscription or enquiry, nor can your website state things like ‘I agree to the terms and conditions of your website’. There are a number of conditions and rules that you must follow and these must be implemented onto your website by the deadline.
Illustration showing key elements of GDPR (effective 25 May 2018) - DPOs, Compliance, Data Breaches and Personal Data UAE dubai Abu Dhabi
- When does this all have to be done by?
- By 25th May 2018 your business must be GDPR compliant.
- What happens if you do not comply?
- In the event of a complaint by a individual user, you will have 72 hours to rectify the issue.
- But more importantly, fines may incur of up to 20 million EUR or 4% of your business' annual turnover.
- How do you make sure your website is compliant?
- We can help here. First, we'll conduct a GDPR Audit on your website and based on the findings of this, our team will ensure that your website is compliant.
GDPR Abu dhabi UAE, Dubai , Consultant
Leave a Comment